Criteria for Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric surgery may be right for you if:
- Your BMI is 40 or higher.
- Your BMI is 35 or higher and also suffer from one or more health problems such as Type II Diabetes, Hypertension, Osteoarthritis, or Sleep Apnea.
- You have been overweight for more than 5 years.
- Your serious attempts to lose weight have had only short-term success.
- You do not have any other disease that may have caused your obesity.
- You are prepared to make substantial changes in your eating habits and lifestyle.
- You are willing to continue being monitored by the specialist who is treating you.
- You do not drink alcohol in excess.
To see if you qualify for surgery, please use one of the calculators below.